Wednesday, March 7, 2007

sculptures

















Some sculptures of mine that a friend took with his insanely expensive camera. Gotta giveprops to Sunny Wei for taking the time in helping me set these up. I had these taken for the purpose of submitting them to this year's Richard Macondald Workshop in Monterey. I took it last year, and it was one of the most inspiring art-related things I've ever done. To be around a master such as Richard was a truly humbling experience.

Wish me luck! Hope I get in this year!

8 comments:

Care Michaud said...

gio, you blogging madman... love them all. especially the last one which i haven't seen before - care

Care Michaud said...

she exudes strength and confident yet at the same time you can feel her serenity. i haven't seen many sculptors who've been able to pull off believable yet nuanced emotion. you nailed it. not to get corny here, but you can almost feel whats she thinking, and the warm air swirling around her as she takes a deep breath.

gio said...

thanks man!! you're so eloquent with words...hehehe. im really flattered you can sense all that in my sculpture of her. i call that piece "'bout to fart (also known as twilight vigil)"...that deep breath is the calm before the storm. heheh jk.

Alex Liki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex Liki said...

You don't need luck man, you have all tha TALENT you need! ;)

cheers

Bryan Wynia said...

Really impressive work. I think I have found a new favorite sculptor. Keep up the amazing work and Thanks for sharing!

phat said...

hey gio ...

the third one ( angle shoot )
are really natural. i love her.

RK.Karthikeyan said...

extreme poses, attitude and and solidity. wow ...! all are inspiring.